We are pleased to be recruiting this role in our Strategic Analysis Team.
Our Strategic Analysis team is a small team, playing a key role in determining the Commission’s strategic priorities.
Key responsibilities, skills, and experience
- Assist in the Commission’s economic forecasting, particularly around changes in the size and shape of the regulated gambling market associated with future regulatory, competition, market, fiscal, consumer, technological and other changes.
- Use methods of horizon scanning to gain understanding of wider regulatory issues, both nationally and internationally as well as across different sectors.
- Carry out a range of analytical tasks, including cost/benefit analysis of existing and proposed activities, to help inform the future strategic direction of the Commission.
- Provide consumer policy perspective by using a variety of data sources, especially to enhance consumer choice.
- Deliver specialist advice across the Commission to drive decision making, both internally and externally. This will entail providing economic insight to influence regulation and policy. A relevant degree in the field of Economics or Policy will be necessary.
- Have an understanding of current and future markets from an economic perspective, particularly regarding the gambling market.
We are open to this role being filled with someone either early on their career as an Economist or with more senior experience who is ready for a new challenge.