SBIU Intelligence Specialist
We are pleased to be recruiting this fascinating role in our Sport Betting Intelligence Unit (SBIU).
Overview of the role
The Sports Betting Intelligence Unit (SBIU) are part of the Commission’s Betting Integrity Programme. The Programme helps to keep gambling fair and safe by identifying and reducing the risks to sports betting and sport in the UK being corrupted by match fixing or other betting integrity issues.
SBIU is also at the heart of Britain’s betting integrity national platform. Along with the Sports Betting Integrity Forum they are accountable to government for the development and implementation of the national betting integrity strategy.
* Collect, evaluate and analyse often complex information and disseminate intelligence products in line with the National Intelligence Model, both internally and externally to a wide range of national and international stakeholders, in accordance with the SBIU Decision Making Framework
* Manage workloads, balancing the conflicting pressures including delivery of programme objectives, time critical casework and stakeholder engagement as part of Britain's Betting Integrity National Platform.
* Accountable for building and maintaining relationships with British licenced operators, ensuring compliance with licence condition 15.1, identifying and escalating areas of non-compliance issues within the organisation as appropriate.
* Accountable for building and maintaining relationships with a wide range of national and international external stakeholders, to encourage cooperation and promote the work of the Programme, including delivering presentations on the work of the SBIU to audiences across a variety of forums.
* Accountable for building and maintaining relationships with national and international law enforcement agencies, including leading the national Triage Process in cases where criminality is suspected.
* Contribute to the development of policy and processes to enable the Betting Integrity Programme to deliver programme objectives and national action plan key priorities, reinforcing Britain’s reputation as a safe place to enjoy sport and sports betting
* Maintain knowledge and understanding of regulatory frameworks, data protection and other appropriate legislation and national and overseas developments related to the work of the national platform and the operational impacts these have on the work of the Unit.
Skills and Experience Needed
A background in intelligence such as within a police department, betting operator, integrity department or a sport governing body
Analytical and eager to investigate, you will need to be a team player with drive and passion to see a project or objective through to conclusion. Multi-tasking skills will be key, as will a focus on delivering results.
Experience in the collection, evaluation, analysis of information and dissemination of intelligence.
Ability to build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders and therefore the ability to communicate at all levels.
An interest in sports and sports betting would be beneficial to your application.